Wednesday, February 9, 2011
In a private conversation with one to three people...
• You’re relaxed• You look at them
• You react to what they say
• They react to what you say
• You’re focused on them and they on you
In this private conversation you’re most likely not focused on:
• When to gesture
• What you look like
• What you sound like
• When to soften or raise your voice
You’re just having a conversation! You’re talking. The only difference between that one-on-one conversation and speaking before a group is that there are more people listening to you—that’s all.
Watch the video here: http://tinyurl.com/4wjzjnl Even when you speak to an audience of 8,000 it's still a "private conversation held publicly."